Training for Marac chairs
The role of the chair is central to the efficiency and effectiveness of a Marac. This one day course is designed for those who hold the position of Marac chair, deputy, or Marac representative.
Marac Chairs Open Course
September 8th 9.30 - 3.30 Full Day Course £120
Applications will be reviewed w/c 20 June, please hold the dates in your diary until then. Four applications maximum per organisation.
The course will equip you with the essential skills needed to:
- Implement and sustain an effective Marac, ensuring that all appropriate agencies are engaged, that they are identifying high-risk victims and producing robust action plans
- Reflect on local circumstances influencing your Marac and address these with the assistance of SafeLives
- Increase the support available to high-risk victims
You’ll learn how to:
- Understand and apply the 10 principles of an effective Marac
- Understand the Marac review process in order to improve the effectiveness of the Marac and drive improvement
- Understand the Marac ‘peer review’ process
- Build transferable skills and apply them to other areas of public protection, such as Mappa and child protection
"The day provided me with a lot of improved understanding of the process and tips around effective chairing techniques” .
For bookings of more than 4 attendees we would be pleased to come to you and tailor this training to meet your needs.
The cost of running a commissioned course is as follows:
- ONLINE up to 25 delegates - £1,500.00 inc VAT
- For small groups of up to 12 learners - £1,800.00 inc VAT *
- For larger groups of up to 24 learners - £2,195 inc VAT *
*The fee does not cover inclusion of training venue costs, refreshments or lunch, nor does it include the provision of projector and training equipment eg flipchart stands or projector screens.
To find out more about Marac training in your area, call 0117 403 3224 or email Trainingcommissions@safelives.org.uk