Training for Marac chairs
The role of the chair is central to the efficiency and effectiveness of a Marac. This one day course is designed for those who hold the position of Marac chair or deputy chair.
SafeLives Online Marac Chairs Training
Thursday 18 March 2021, 10am - 3.30pm
The course will equip you with the essential skills needed to:
- Implement and sustain an effective Marac, ensuring that all appropriate agencies are engaged, that they are identifying high-risk victims and producing robust action plans
- Reflect on local circumstances influencing your Marac and address these with the assistance of SafeLives
- Increase the support available to high-risk victims
You’ll learn how to:
- Understand and apply the 10 principles of an effective Marac
- Understand the Marac review process in order to improve the effectiveness of the Marac and drive improvement
- Understand the Marac ‘peer review’ process
- Build transferable skills and apply them to other areas of public protection, such as Mappa and child protection
"The day provided me with a lot of improved understanding of the process and tips around effective chairing techniques”
The cost of this course is £120 per person.
Applications for this course have now closed. Register your interest for future Marac Chairs training.
Request Marac training for your area
Request Marac training and we'll be pleased to come to you and tailor the course to meet your needs - this might include having both Marac chairs and coordinators in the same room.
The cost of running this course in-house at your chosen venue is:
- For small groups of up to 12 learners - £1,800
- For larger groups of up to 24 learners - £2,195
To find out more about Marac training in your area, call 0117 403 3224 or email email@example.com