National Marac Development Training, Scotland
SafeLives' Marac Development Programme (MDP) is hosting a series of subsidised training workshops across Scotland this autumn.
Each workshop includes training provided by passionate experts, a delegate pack of Marac guidance documents tailored for Scotland, all day refreshments (excluding lunch), and an opportunity to network with professionals from within the sector. The two day Train the Trainer workshop includes a certificate of completion.
Marac Representatives and ‘Train the Trainer’ (2 day):
1 - 2 April 2020, Edinburgh
This workshop is suitable for those who are new to the role of Marac agency representative, as well as those who want to undertake refresher training.
The workshop is suitable for those who want to gain:
- An understanding of the process for a multi-agency response and how their role fits within this
- Valuable skills and experience in order to provide the support necessary for their Marac to operate effectively
At the end of this training course delegates will be able to:
- Explain the Marac process
- Identify the benefits of implementing an effective Marac
- Examine the Ten Principles for an effective Marac
- Explain the benefits of using a single multi-agency risk checklist
- Identify high-risk victims using the SafeLives Dash risk checklist
- Describe the referral criteria and the referral process for Marac
- State the legislation which supports the lawful sharing of information
- Formulate an action plan which focuses on risks and safety
- Create a multi-agency development plan for their Marac which addresses local issues
23 April 2020, Glasgow
The role of the chair is central to the efficiency and effectiveness of a Marac. This one day course is designed for those who hold the position of Marac chair or deputy chair and will equip you with the essential skills needed to:
- Implement and sustain an effective Marac, ensuring that all appropriate agencies are engaged, that they are identifying victims at high risk and producing robust action plans.
- Reflect on local circumstances influencing your Marac and address these with the assistance of SafeLives.
- Increase the support available to victims at high risk of serious harm or murder.
You’ll learn how to:
- Understand and apply the 10 principles of an effective Marac.
- Understand how to improve the effectiveness of Marac and drive improvement.
- Build transferable skills and apply them to other areas of public protection.