PDA: Domestic abuse advocacy (Idaa) training, Scotland
“In all the years I have worked in this field this is by far the best training I have ever been on!”
Equip yourself or practitioners in your domestic abuse service with the knowledge and skills to offer a consistent, safe and effective response to high risk victims of domestic abuse.
The course will be led by Lucy McDonald from SafeLives and Fiona McMullen of ASSIST, along with contributions by specialist guest speakers.
The course will be based on key parts of the successful SafeLives foundation Idva training programme which has been developed over the past 11 years in England and Wales and delivered to over 1800 practitioners.
The Professional development award for Scotland has been been tailored to meet the needs of a Scottish audience and validated by the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
- Context & skills of IDAA role
- Pro-social modelling, active listening, Stages of change & Motivational Interviewing
- Domestic abuse and health
- Housing options
- SafeLives Dash and safety planning
- MARAC & multi-agency risk management
- Case management from referral to closure
- Criminal justice – input from Police Scotland and COPFS
- Civil law
- LGBT clients
- BME clients
- Children and domestic abuse
- Adult support and protection Sexual abuse
- Male clients & perpetrator screening
- Substance use and domestic abuse
- Vicarious Trauma
£1,500, with an additional £52 for SQA registration.
The Scottish Government has generously funded development and previous delivery of the Idaa programme. However, despite continued support of the training, the Scottish Government is unable to fund further courses at the present time.
Dates and locations
Quaker Meeting House
7 Victoria Terrace,
Block 1: 5 - 7 September
Block 2: 10 – 12 October
Block 3: 7 – 9 November
Block 4: 5 – 7 December
- Register your interest for next year
Please note the Edinburgh course is now full and subject to a waiting list. To make sure you don't miss out on a place on next year's course, register your interest and be amongst the first to hear when applications open.
- Terms and conditions
For queries about eligibility, pricing or any other questions, call our training team on 0117 403 3224 and ask for Olivia Charlton or email email@example.com