What we do
I’ve got my freedom and my life back, and for that I’ll always be so grateful.
We are a national charity dedicated to ending domestic abuse, for good. We combine insight from services, survivors and statistics to support people to become safe, well and rebuild their lives. Since 2005, SafeLives has worked with organisations across the UK to transform the response to domestic abuse, with over 60,000 victims at high risk of murder or serious harm now receiving co-ordinated support annually.
No one should live in fear. It is not acceptable, not inevitable, and together – we can make it stop.
What would you want for your best friend?
- Help made available wherever they need it –whether from the police, their GP or hospital, or where they live
- Early, consistent and tailored support that makes them safe and meets their needs
- The choice to stay safely in their own home and community
- The perpetrator challenged to change and held to account
- A response that reflects the fundamental connection between the experience of adults and their children
- Agencies working together to meet the practical needs that people have, providing help on areas such as housing, money and access to justice
We want this for each and every person living with abuse. Wherever they live, whoever they are.
What we do
- Create a platform for victims, survivors and their friends and family to be heard and demand change
- Test innovative projects and replicate effective approaches that make more people safe and well
- Combine data, research and frontline expertise to help services improve and to influence policy makers (locally and nationally)
- Offer support, knowledge and tools to frontline workers and professionals
How we do it
- We are independent
- We focus on the practical: we believe in showing people what they can do, not telling them what they should do
- We save time and money for local areas by solving common problems once and sharing the solutions
- We are informed by evidence of what really works
- We learn from local provision and respect local circumstances, but show how national replication can be achieved
- We work across organisational and sector boundaries