PDA: Domestic abuse advocacy (Idaa) training, Scotland
“In all the years I have worked in this field this is by far the best training I have ever been on!”
Equip yourself or practitioners in your domestic abuse service with the knowledge and skills to offer a consistent, safe and effective response to high risk victims of domestic abuse.
The course will be led by Mhairi McGowan, Fiona McMullen of ASSIST and Lydia Okroj of Scottish Women's Aid along with contributions by specialist guest speakers.
The Professional development award for Scotland has been been tailored to meet the needs of a Scottish audience and validated by the Scottish Qualifications Authority.
Price: £1,552 (includes registration fees with SQA)
For more information about costings, please see the joint statement from the Professional Development Award in Domestic Abuse Advocacy Steering Group.
Applications Open for Autumn 2021
The course will be taught online, for a full day every Wednesday
The schedule is:
- Weds 25 August
- Weds 1 September
- Weds 8 September
1 week break
- Weds 22 September
- Weds 29 September
- Weds 6 October
2 week break for school half terms
- Weds 27 October
- Weds 3 November
- Weds 10 November
1 week break
- Weds 24 November
- Weds 1 December
- Weds 8 December.
- Context and skills of IDAA role
- Pro-social modelling, active listening, stages of change and motivational interviewing
- Domestic abuse and health
- Housing options
- SafeLives Dash and safety planning
- MARAC and multi-agency risk management
- Case management from referral to closure
- Criminal justice – input from Police Scotland and COPFS
- Civil law
- LGBT clients
- BME clients
- Children and domestic abuse
- Adult support and protection sexual abuse
- Male clients and perpetrator screening
- Substance use and domestic abuse
- Vicarious Trauma
Please see the FAQs for further information, including who is eligible to apply.
Find out more
For queries about eligibility, pricing or any other questions, call our training team on 0117 403 3224 and ask for Charlotte Brown or email email@example.com