Training for Marac Representatives in England and Wales
This course is suitable for those who are new to the role of Marac agency representative, as well as those who want to undertake refresher training.
The role of the chair is central to the efficiency and effectiveness of a Marac. This one day course is designed for those who hold the position of Marac chair, deputy, or Marac representative.
Marac Representatives Open Course
Full Day Course £150
This course is for Marac Representatives or those who are about to become Marac Representatives. For Marac Chairs training please book here
Upcoming Training: 17 January 2024
Times: 09:30 - 16:00
If you cannot attend the dates outlined above, please express your interest in future dates here
Four applications maximum per organisation.
The course is suitable for those who want to gain:
- Understanding of the process for a multi-agency response and how their role fits within this
- Valuable skills and experience in order to provide the support necessary for their Marac to operate effectively
At the end of this training course delegates will be able to:
- Explain the Marac process
- Identify the benefits of implementing an effective Marac
- Examine the ten principles for an effective Marac
- Explain the benefits of using a single multi-agency risk checklist
- Identify high-risk victims using the SafeLives Dash risk checklist
- Describe the referral criteria and the referral process for Marac
- State the legislation which supports the lawful sharing of information
- Formulate an action plan which focusses on risks and safety
- Create a multi-agency development plan for their Marac which addresses local issues
To find out more about Marac training in your area, call 0117 403 3224 or email Trainingcommissions@safelives.org.uk