Training for Marac representatives
This course is suitable for those who are new to the role of Marac agency representative, as well as those who want to undertake refresher training.
The role of the chair is central to the efficiency and effectiveness of a Marac. This one day course is designed for those who hold the position of Marac chair, deputy, or Marac representative.
Marac Representatives Open Course
October 6th 9.30 - 3.30 Full Day Course
Applications will be reviewed w/c 20 June, please hold the dates in your diary until then. Four applications maximum per organisation.
The course is suitable for those who want to gain:
- Understanding of the process for a multi-agency response and how their role fits within this
- Valuable skills and experience in order to provide the support necessary for their Marac to operate effectively
At the end of this training course delegates will be able to:
- Explain the Marac process
- Identify the benefits of implementing an effective Marac
- Examine the ten principles for an effective Marac
- Explain the benefits of using a single multi-agency risk checklist
- Identify high-risk victims using the SafeLives Dash risk checklist
- Describe the referral criteria and the referral process for Marac
- State the legislation which supports the lawful sharing of information
- Formulate an action plan which focusses on risks and safety
- Create a multi-agency development plan for their Marac which addresses local issues
For bookings of more than 4 attendees we would be pleased to come to you and tailor this training to meet your needs. The cost of running this course face-to-face, in-house at your chosen venue is:
- For groups of up to 12 learners - £1,800
- For groups of up to 24 learners - £2,195
The cost of running this course online via Zoom is:
- For groups of up to 24 learners - £1,500
The fee does not cover inclusion of training venue costs, refreshments or lunch, nor does it include the provision of projector and training equipment eg flipchart stands or projector screens.
To find out more about Marac training in your area, call 0117 403 3224 or email Trainingcommissions@safelives.org.uk