On the frontline: Dash risk assessment training
This one day course is suitable for frontline professionals who come into contact with victims of domestic abuse in their day-to-day work. The course will be of particular interest to those who work in children's or adult's safeguarding, education, housing, health, alcohol or drug services, citizen's advice, or local Victim Support.
This course enables delegates to build confidence and develop essential skills to:
- Recognise and respond to the signs of domestic abuse
- Understand the barriers faced when 'asking the question' and managing response to a disclosure
- Identify a victim's level of risk using the Dash risk checklist
- Refer a victim to a specialist domestic violence service or Marac so that they can receive the right support
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Recognise and understand the signs of domestic abuse.
- Develop the confidence and practical skills needed to appropriately respond to victims of domestic abuse.
- Learn how to refer domestic abuse victims to the most relevant local services.
The cost of running this course in-house at your chosen venue is:
For up to 12 learners - £1,800
For 13 - 24 learners - £2,195
The fee does not cover inclusion of training venue costs, refreshments or lunch, nor does it include the provision of projector and training equipment eg flipchart stands or projector screens. The responsibility for this lies with the purchaser. Travel expenses, accommodation and sustenance are excluded from the fee and must be paid for by the purchaser separately.