Independent domestic violence advisor
Idva training to meet your needs
Our Idva training course is for Idvas, domestic abuse practitioners and service managers with a caseload. The course will help you enhance your practical knowledge, helping you provide the best possible support for domestic abuse victims, survivors and their children.
The training is supported by relevant specialists from many different fields, including the criminal justice system, family law, child protection, sexual assault referral centres (Sarcs) and housing services.
98% of learners told us they felt more confident in their role after receiving our Idva training
The course will support you to:
- help victims and their children feel safer through the provision of a quality Idva response
- develop your confidence and skills through group work, coaching and one-to-one feedback sessions
- share experience and best practice with other Idva learners
- improve practice within your service
Foundation level training
Block 1: 18th – 20th September
Block 2: 16th – 18th October
Block 3: 13th – 15th November
Block 4: 11th – 13th December
Applications for Bristol are now closed and are currently being processed. If you've submitted an application we'll be in touch soon.
Block 1: 25th – 27th September
Block 2: 23rd – 25th October
Block 3: 20th – 22nd November
Block 4: 18th – 20th December
Applications for Manchester are now closed and are currently being processed. If you've submitted an application we'll be in touch soon.
Block 1: 16th – 18th October
Block 2: 13th – 15th November
Block 3: 11th – 13th December
Block 4: 8th – 10th January
Applications for London are now closed and are currently being processed. If you've submitted an application we'll be in touch soon.
Price: £2,400 full fee
Subsidies*: As a result of our efforts to help smaller services find budget for training we are pleased to be offering some reduced fee places at just £1950*
* For registered charities with an annual income of less than £1m. There are a very limited amount of reduced fee spaces and these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Register your interest to be kept up to date with future Idva foundation courses.
Expert level training
We don't currently have any dates available for Idva Expert training but please register your interest for future courses and we'll keep you updated.
Find out more
- Foundation or Expert level - what course is right for me?
- Idva Foundation Autumn 2018 FAQs
- FAQs including What is the time commitment?
- Terms and conditions
For queries about eligibility, pricing or any other questions, call our training team on 0117 403 3224 or email email@example.com