Independent domestic violence advisor
Idva training to meet your needs
Our Idva training course is for Idvas, domestic abuse practitioners and service managers with a caseload. The aim of the course is to enhance your practical knowledge to ensure you are providing the best possible support for domestic abuse victims and their children.
The training is supported by relevant specialists from many different fields, including the criminal justice system, family law, child protection, sexual assault referral centres (Sarcs) and housing services.
98% of learners told us they felt more confident in their role after receiving our Idva training
The course is designed to enable you to:
- help victims and their children feel safer through the provision of a quality Idva response
- develop your confidence and skills through group work, coaching and one-to-one feedback sessions
- share experience and best practice with other Idva learners
- improve practice within your service
Foundation level - For learners who are new to SafeLives training
** Please note that all of our Idva foundation courses are now full. There are still places available on our training for Outreach workers and for practitioners working with young people. It's the same foundation level and you will receive the same accreditation. **
Qualification: Certificate in Domestic Abuse OCNLR Level 3
Dates and locations
- Manchester - Starting 14 November - FULL
- London - Starting 10 October - FULL
- Bristol - Starting 5 September 2017 - FULL
- Leeds - Starting 7 March 2017 - FULL
- London - Starting 21 February 2017 - FULL
- Reduced fee - £1,950 *
- Full fee - £2,400
Please note Home Office bursaries are no longer available.
* For registered charities with an annual income of less than £1m. There are a very limited amount of reduced fee spaces at £1,950 and these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
We will be releasing dates for our Spring 2018 training soon, so if you wish to be considered for these courses, please express an interest here:
Expert level - for learners who have completed a 12 day course with us before
Qualification: Complete two expert-level training courses and qualify for the diploma Domestic abuse: prevention and early intervention.
Dates and locations: To be announced
- Reduced fee - £550
- Full fee - £795
* For registered charities with an annual income of less than £1m. There are a very limited amount of reduced fee spaces at £550 and these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Foundation or expert?
The first eight days of all of our foundation courses cover what we consider the core essentials for anyone working with victims of domestic abuse. The final four days focus on a specialist subject - in this case, working in an outreach capacity. Our expert level courses are designed for learners who have already attended foundation training in one subject and want to top up their knowledge by attending a shorter (four day) course in a new field. Complete two expert-level training courses and qualify for the diploma Domestic abuse: prevention and early intervention.
Find out more
For queries about eligibility, pricing or any other questions, call our training team on 0117 403 3224 and ask for David Evans or email email@example.com