Training for outreach workers
Improve the support you offer clients by learning about trauma-informed responses, strength based work and building resilience.
We've listened to what Outreach workers need, and developed specialist training to help you give the best possible support to your clients, including:
- Trauma-informed responses to domestic abuse
- Strengths based working
- Building resilience and recovering safely
How the training helped Outreach worker Jenni Steele
What I’ve learnt opens more doors for clients.
The course shows the importance of step-down and resilience across all levels of risk
About the course
This training is aimed at domestic abuse specialists such as outreach workers and Idvas who want to strengthen the support they offer to victims and survivors of domestic abuse. The course covers essential knowledge and skills for working with victims and survivors as part of a risk-led approach, with a particular emphasis on longer term recovery and resilience. Content includes:
- The short and long term effects of domestic abuse, including the impact of adverse childhood experiences, mental health and responses to trauma
- How to assess and engage clients across the risk spectrum
- Key skills and approaches for working with victims and survivors of domestic abuse, including care pathways, child contact and housing
- How to build resilience with clients who’ve experienced domestic abuse, including the role of employment and education
- Relevant legislation and how to apply it in practice
- Effective ways of working with outreach clients, including group/peer support, strengths-based working and cognitive behavioural approaches.
Foundation level training
Price: Full fee - £2400
Subsidies*: As a result of our efforts to help smaller services find budget for training we are pleased to be offering a limited number of subsidised places at just £1000*
* For registered charities with an annual income of less than £1m. There are a very limited amount of reduced fee spaces and these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Expert level training
Outreach Expert Course
The Miller’s House, Three Mill Lane, London E3 3DU
15th – 18th October 2019
- Register your interest for future Outreach foundation training
- Register your interest in future Outreach expert training
Find out more
For queries about eligibility, pricing or any other questions, call our training team on 0117 403 3224 and ask for Tom McElveen or email firstname.lastname@example.org