Domestic abuse training for employers
We know that as an employer, you want to do everything you can to keep your staff healthy, happy and productive. Sadly, we also know that one in four women and one in six men will experience domestic abuse, meaning virtually every employer will have staff who are affected.
Everyone at work knew. They must have done. I arrived late, left early, and was constantly checking my phone. He came to my office a few times and demanded to see me. It was so embarrassing, I’d say anything to make him leave.
– Sophie*, survivor of domestic abuse
Bespoke training for your workplace
Our trainers are experts in developing and delivering training tailored to the needs of your workplace. We can upskill your managers and HR teams, answering questions like:
- What is domestic abuse and how might it affect my employees?
- How will I know if my employees are experiencing or perpetrating domestic abuse?
- What is my responsibility as an employer and how can I support my staff?
- We are a large employer and employ both a victim of abuse and their perpetrator – how do we manage that?
We've delivered training to organisations from different sectors, of different sizes. Some of the practical help we've given to employers includes:
- Developing a domestic abuse policy that is fit for purpose
- Creating an environment that facilitates talking about domestic abuse, and building a culture of sensitively and appropriately raising concerns
- Developing a network of trained Domestic Abuse Champions within your organisation
I wished someone at work had said something, asked me how I was. I think if my manager had known what to say or do, she would have liked to help, but the conversation just seemed too hard perhaps.
Make an enquiry
To find out more about a bespoke training package for your workplace contact Briony Williamson: firstname.lastname@example.org